beyond paint countertop kit
Our Beyond Paint Countertop Paint Kit has everything you need to perfectly transform your kitchen countertop with the self priming Beyond Paint and Sealer!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILE EXTREMELY DURABLE, PAINTED COUNTERTOPS WILL NEVER BE AS DURABLE AS UNPAINTED COUNTERTOPS. PLEASE ALLOW UP 30 DAYS FOR BEYOND PAINT AND SEALER TO FULLY CURE AND HARDEN BEFORE FULL DURABILITY IS ACHIEVED. PLEASE FOLLOW THE KIT INSTRUCTIONS TO ACHIEVE A LONGER LASTING SYSTEM.
Beyond Paint is a water-based paint specifically formulated to allow you to refinish your furniture, cabinets, countertops and accessories on almost any surface with this all-in-one bonder/primer/finisher that cures to a durable, washable surface in just one or two coats.
Beyond Paint Multi-Purpose Sealer is a safe, water-based, interior/exterior sealer formulated to protect your most challenging Beyond Paint projects. Use in conjunction with Beyond Paint on countertops, indoor/outdoor furniture as the perfect topcoat for any project that requires extra-strength durability or weatherproofing. Engineered with easy touch up and self-leveling technology for a smooth, and lasting sheen finish.
This Painting Made Easy Kit includes:
1 x 473ml Beyond Paint in your colour choice
1 x 473ml Beyond Paint Sealer
1 x 4″ Roller Frame
1 x 4″ Roller Tray
1 x 3pk Two Fussy Blokes 4″ 5mm Nap Rollers
1 x Extra Fine Sanding Pad
1 x Tack Cloth
1 x 500ml Tikkurila Kalustepesu Cleaner or Krud Kutter Gloss-Off
1 x 1″ Zibra Square Brush
1 x 1″ Fleetwood Low Tack Washi Tape
1. Using the Tikkurila Kalustepasu Cleaner, thoroughly clean your countertop ensuring it is grease, dirt and oil free. When it’s clean, clean again! It is very important to make sure it is spotlessly clean.
2. When dry, lightly and evenly rub down the countertop with the extra fine sanding pad – this will provide a key to the countertop and add life to the paint system.
3. Wipe with the tack cloth to remove any dust.
4. Mask any areas you need to mask to protect them from being painted.
5. Using the Zibra Square Brush, brush in and awkward areas you need to – then roll over them when rolling to ensure a smooth finish.
6. Clean your Two Fussy Blokes roller sleeve before use (rinse and spin the roller) – this is very important as it removes lose fibres that may remain from the manufacturing process. Then apply your first coat of Beyond Paint with the Two Fussy Blokes roller ensuring to apply evenly and finishing in the same direction.
7. Repeat step 6 after the first coat is dry (we recommend at least 6 hours).
8. If using the Beyond Fleck, apply your desired amount of fleck WHEN THE SECOND COAT IS STILL WET. Allow to dry for 6 hours and then lightly rub over the surface with the extra fine sanding pad to ensure the fleck finish is smooth and then wipe with a clean cloth. If not using Fleck skip to the next step.
9. Allow to dry overnight before applying your first coat of Beyond Paint Sealer with a clean roller ensuring to evenly apply and finish in the same direction.
10. After 2-4 hours apply your second coat of sealer as above.
11. Allow to dry for at least one day before resuming use of the countertop. (Full curing and hardness will be achieved after 30 days.