1. Using a clean microfibre or similar cleaning cloth, thoroughly clean your cupboards using the provided Krud Kutter Gloss Off. Make sure to focus on nooks and crannies where grease and grime can build up. This will ensure your cupboards are degreased and will aid in dulling any existing finish. This is the most important part of any painting process.
2. Lay your dust sheet and using a provided fine sanding pad lightly sand the entire cupboard focusing evenly on one area at a time.
3. Using a tack cloth clean the cupboards to remove any dust and then with a clean damp cloth to remove any possible remaining residue.
4. Remove any knobs or furniture that will aid in ensuring a clean finish and apply the provided masking tape to any edges or areas you want to avoid painting. This will ensure beautiful clean lines after the project is complete.
5. Using the 2″ Chiseled Wedge brush cut in any edges or intricate areas with the Tikkurila Primer. Then using the 5mm Two Fussy Blokes roller apply undercoat to the entire surface ensuring not to over apply as this may cause drips. After 2 – 4 hours apply a second coat of undercoat using the same methods as above. You can wrap your painting equipment in cling film or an air tight bag between coats to prevent cleaning between coats.
6. If using a solvent based primer (Otex), clean your painting equipment using the white spirits followed by warm soapy water followed by clean water. Otherwise use just warm soapy water followed by clean water.
6. If using Otex Akva or Multi Stop, allow approx. 6 hours for the primer to fully dry and then you can apply your first coat of topcoat using the same methods as above. If using Otex Solvent, allow 16 hours before applying your first topcoat.
7. When the first coat of topcoat is completely dry use your fine sanding pad to lightly sand the surface, looking out for any drips or imperfections. This will aid in a beautiful even finish. Clean with a tack cloth followed by clean damp cloth.
8. Apply your second coat of topcoat using the same methods as above leaving 16 hours between coats.
9. When the topcoat is fully dry remove any masking tape; then sit back, relax and enjoy your beautifully painted kitchen cupboards.