front door paint kit by alchemist
Our Painting Made Easy ‘Front Door Kit’ has all you need to achieve a beautiful finish on your front door and transform it into an eye catching piece of your home’s exterior with the beautiful colours and incredible quality of Alchemist Paint. You will achieve a beautiful, hard wearing satin enamel finish. This kit works on all door types, even PVC!
This Front Door Kit includes the following:
1 x 0.65lt Alchemist Wood or Universal Primer (depending on front door type) in appropriate colour
1 x 0.65lt Alchemist Satin Wood Enamel in your chosen colour
1 x 750ml Tikkurila Kalustepesu Cleaning Agent
1 x 4″ Mini roller frame
1 x 4pk Alchemist 5mm Nap Smooth Sleeves
1 x 4″ Plastic Roller Tray
1 x 1″ Zibra Square Brush
1 x Tack cloth
1 x Fine & Medium Sanding Pad
1 x 12′ x 12′ Plastic Dust Sheet
1 x 1.5″ Prodec Low Tack Precision Edge Masking Tape
FREE 1 x Prodec Metal Can Opener
*Please note we are unable to accept returns of paint which has been tinted to your colour selection. We advise purchasing a sample pot of your chosen colour prior to purchasing larger quantities. We do not recommend choosing colours from a colour screen as screens do not accurately represent paint colours as they will appear in your home.
You can read our full terms and conditions here.
1. Remove any hardware such as letter boxes or numerals from your front door if you wish. These can also be masked off at a later stage.
2. Using the Tikkurila Kalustepesu Spray, thoroughly clean your door with a cleaning cloth or similar. Focus especially on nooks and crannies where dirt accumulation may have built up.
3. Using a medium sanding pad lightly sand your door evenly and again focus on nooks and crannies around panelling etc.
3. Using a fine sanding pad lightly rub the entire door down evenly.
4. Using a tack cloth clean and remove any sanding dust from the entire door.
5. Using the Precision Edge masking tape mask off any areas such as glass or door hardware to protect them from the painting process. Ensure edges of the tape are firmly pressed down to prevent any paint bleed.
6. Lay your dust sheet under the door to protect the surrounding areas.
7. Pour your Alchemist Primer into the paint tray and using the Zibra brush cut in around any panelling etc. where it isn’t possible to roll.
8. Using an Alchemist roller apply your first coat of primer evenly across the door focusing on one section at a time. Then finish the entire door in one even direction.
9. Allow primer to dry. You can store painting equipment in an air tight plastic bag between coats.
10. When the primer coat is fully dry lighting rub down the entire door with a fine sanding pad to remove and drips or uneven areas and wipe with tack cloth.
11. Clean the equipment with warm soapy water (optional – or store in an airtight plastic bag).
12. After 4-6 hours apply your second coat of primer using the same methods as above, cutting in around any panelling and then finishing the entire door in the same direction with the Alchemist rollers. Store your paint equipment in an airtight plastic bag between coats.
13. After 4-6 hours apply your first coat of topcoat using the same methods as above, cutting in around any panelling and then finishing the entire door in the same direction with the Alchemist rollers. Store your paint equipment in an airtight plastic bag between coats.
14. When your first coat is completely dry lighting rub down the while door with a fine sanding pad and wipe with tack cloth. (This will be worth it!)
15. After 4-6 hours apply your second topcoat using the same methods as above.
16. Enjoy your new beautifully painted front door!
(Note that some low hiding colours may require a 3rd topcoat to ensure a completely solid and accurate colour)